Arcus believes that respect for diversity among peoples and in nature is essential to a positive future for our planet and all its inhabitants. We work with experts and advocates for change to ensure that LGBT people and our fellow apes thrive in a world where social and environmental justice are a reality.
Who We Are
The Arcus Foundation Board of Directors and staff are a diverse group, reflecting the diversity inherent in the world our work is shaping. Based in New York, US and Cambridge, UK, we work globally to support our partners in their pursuit of lasting change. Our mission is driven by the vision of our founder, and by our shared commitment to the emergent global human rights and conservation movements. Together, we learn from each other and take bold risks on groundbreaking ideas that drive progress toward a future of respect and dignity for all.
We respect the worth and dignity of all life. We seek to create and sustain environments where life can grow and thrive, from the Arcus workplace to the communities of our partners and stakeholders to the habitats of animal life. We value freedom—liberty, justice, and full citizenship for all people worldwide—and diversity of thought, people, and ideas, because solutions need to be rooted in cultural, economic, social, and ecological realities, and different perspectives can help our work achieve greater impact. With respect for justice, inclusiveness, and humane consideration for all life, we believe that apes should be able to live safely in their natural environments, free from anthropogenic threats.
With integrity and humility, we strive to live the Arcus values, holding each other accountable for implementing the Arcus mission. We practice shared leadership, recognizing, celebrating, and taking collective ownership of Arcus’ success. Because a strong work ethic and responsible decision-making should exist at all levels of leadership, we apply fact-based decision-making and encourage all staff to proactively ‘course-correct,’ to efficiently manage resources so that those Arcus serves will benefit.
We value transparency. As a foundation committed to removing barriers to full participation in society, we strive to apply a high level of transparency in all our operations and in our relationships with grantees, partners and other stakeholders. Our commitment to being open and inclusive includes financial disclosure, comprehensive and timely dissemination of public information, responsiveness to requests for information, and accurate representation of our policies and practices.
- 2016 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2016 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2015 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2015 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2014 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2014 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2013 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2013 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2012 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2012 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2011 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2011 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2010 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2010 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2009 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2009 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2008 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2008 Arcus Operating Foundation 990-PF
- 2007 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2006 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2005 Arcus Foundation 990-PF
- 2004 Arcus Foundation’s 990-PF
- 2003 Arcus Foundation’s 990-PF