The Arcus Leadership Program
Sustainable movements require people to lead in an ever-changing landscape. Arcus fosters the development of leaders by creating opportunities that address leadership challenges of our day and encourage peer collaboration. Our partnership with new and existing leaders prepares the movements we support for continued growth and success.
About the Fellowship
Fellowship applications are no longer being accepted for this year’s cohort. Please visit our website in January to learn about the 2016 application process.
The Arcus Leadership Fellowship is a year-long leadership development opportunity for early-stage executive directors of LGBT and allied nonprofit organizations based in the United States and aligned with Arcus’ Social Justice Strategy.
The program will match 10 Arcus Leadership Fellows with mentors who have had successful careers in similar leadership positions. Arcus fellows will receive personalized support and experienced counsel from their mentors as they meet a variety of challenges facing them in their day-to-day work and build on their leadership abilities.
Arcus Fellows will be required to participate in 1-2 cohort retreats to occur in 2015. These events will provide opportunities for fellows to share experiences, build capacity, and deepen relationships with one another. All expenses will be covered by the Arcus Foundation.
• Applicants must be early-stage executive directors in their careers.
• Applicants must be executive directors of U.S.-based nonprofit organizations.
• Applicants must lead an organization that aligns with Arcus’ Social Justice Strategy. (Please read our brochure to learn more.)
Please note: Arcus is especially interested in applicants that reflect the full diversity of the community. Immigrants, people of color, transgender and gender nonconforming people, intersex people, and people of different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required submission materials
• Completed fellowship application (download here)
• A copy of your resume or curriculum vitae
• A letter of support from the president or chair (or one of the co-chairs) of your Board of Directors
For inquiries about the Arcus Leadership Fellowship, please contact Richard Burns.